For the biscuits
- 75g fresh butter
- 75g olive oil
- 150g brown sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- ¼ tbsp salt
- 130g flour for all uses
- 130g whole wheat flour
For the glaze
- 1 ½ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ of either a cup of milk, almond milk, or coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. fresh butter
- ½ tbsp vanilla
- Place the first three ingredients in the mixer and mix them well for 5 minutes on high speed.
- Add the lemon zest, egg, vanilla and salt, then mix them all together.
- After placing the special kneading tool in the mixer and while mixing on low speed, slowly add the flour and knead until the dough is formed.
- Pull it out of the mixer and spread a piece of the dough on the surface of the counter.
- Spread it with your hand or a small rolling pin, counting about half a centimeter thick.
- Get a coupe pate of our choice and cut the cookies into patterns, then place them inside an oil pasted pan.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes. Once removed from the oven, place the cookies on a grill until it’s cool.
For the glaze: In a small saucepan, pour the first three ingredients of the glaze and let it boil for 4 minutes. Take it out of the heat then add the vanilla. Mix well and transfer to a glass bowl until it cools and thickens completely.