Why do I seek dessert during the afternoon?
Is it a habit; Anatural reaction of the body or something caused by wrong dietary choices?
The following explanations might possibly solve this concern:
- Skipping meals during the day. By doing that, the sugar levels drop by a lot during the afternoon, resulting in you feeling hypoglycemic and desperate for sweets.
- Lack of fruit consumption.. This deprives the body of it’s main fuel, glucose. And how does the body react to that? By seeking glucose in a delicious – fat full – chocolate or sweet.
Recommended afternoon sweets:
- fruit salad with honey and nuts
- cereal bar with fruits
- small pastels
- tahini halva and nuts
- yogurt with dessert
- light jelly with bits of fruit
- roasted fruits, peel the skin and seeds from various fruits of your choice, pour 1 teaspoon of liqueur over them, sprinkle them with 1 teaspoon of brown sugar (or aspartame or fructose) and some cinnamon, then bake at medium temperature in the oven for 40 minutes.
- grilled banana with a little bit of cinnamon, which by itself has sweet taste. We can pair it with 1 scoop of ice cream
- grilled pineapple with a bit of rum and walnuts – a very nutritious snack
- yogurt ice cream, made very easily by mashing fruits and placing them in a cup of yogurt, stirring them until creamy and putting them in the freezer until frozen
- rice pudding from skimmed or semi-skimmed milk